Training for a Healthy Life…
Susan Weiner is an award-winning Registered Dietitian-Nutritionist, Certified Diabetes Educator and published author.
Her Masters Degree in Applied Physiology and Nutrition from Columbia University in New York has afforded her the opportunity to practice as a nutritionist and exercise physiologist.
In addition to dozens of nutrition-related articles online and in magazines, Susan is the author of two popular diabetes resource books: “The Complete Diabetes Organizer: Your Guide to a Less Stressful and More Manageable Diabetes Life” (Spry Publishing, 2013) and “Diabetes: 365 Tips for Living Well ~ Expert Advice to Help You Thrive Each Day” (Demos Health, 2015).
- Susan’s column, “Diabetes in Real Life,” is featured regularly in Endocrine Today
- Susan is the diabetes medical advisor and expert contributor for Healthline.com
dLife.com – It’s YOUR Diabetes Life!
- Susan is a food and nutrition expert and project consultant for dLife.com
- Contributing medical producer for dLifeTV
Editorial Board Positions
Susan is a key educational advisor for Marjorie’s Fund, a type 1 global diabetes initiative aimed at providing education and resources for those who are economically disadvantaged.
Susan is an advisor for DiabetesSisters, a not-for-profit organization that promotes diabetes education and advocacy for women with diabetes and their families.
Susan is an advisor for The Betes Organization which helps people with diabetes address the mental and emotional health aspects of their condition through theater and puppetry.
Contributor, writer, panelist, teacher…
- Authored dozens of articles for national and international health and diabetes magazines and professional journals
- 2015 – 2016 Editor of “On The Cutting Edge,“ a peer-reviewed publication for the Diabetes Care and Education dietetic practice group of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Presenter at national conferences including the American College of Sports Medicine and The American Association of Diabetes Educators
- Official sports nutritionist for the American Diabetes Association Walk America program
- Former Adjunct Professor of Nutrition at Queens College in New York
- Former lecturer at the Academy of Applied Personal Training Education at Hofstra University
- Frequent guest on television and radio programs
Susan is a valued contributor to publications on a variety of nutrition and health-related topics. Here are just a few of the publications which feature Susan’s tips and articles:
Please visit Susan’s media page for highlights.
Degree and Certifications:
Susan earned her Master’s Degree in Applied Physiology and Nutrition from Teachers College, Columbia University in New York City. She earned a certificate of training in adult weight management through the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
Professional Affiliations include:
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- American Association of Diabetes Educators
- American College of Sports Medicine
- American Diabetes Association
- National Association of Eating Disorders
- New York State Dietetics Association